Applications are now open for the UCLA Freshman Regents Scholarship. The Regents established this program at the University of California in 1962 to assist the students.
It is a Regents Scholarship UCLA program. It is open to new first-year and transfer students who would like to pursue their undergrad degrees from UCLA. All Regents Scholars are eligible to receive an annual $2,000, regardless of their financial situation.
UCLA gives the equivalent of 40 Regents Scholarships every year to first-year students as well as transfer students. The university currently, 300 Regents Scholars are studying at UCLA. It is important to note that the UCLA Regents Scholarship program is exclusive to this particular UCLA campus.
UCLA Freshman Regents Scholarship, therefore, is not transferable to other UC campuses or other UC campuses. Regents Scholarship awards are honored at UCLA. Each campus completes the selection process for Regents Scholars on its own.
An excellent option for obtaining the financial aid you need to attend UCLA.
The University of California, Los Angeles was established in 1919 in the US. It offers bachelor’s and graduate degrees to 337 students through six colleges, four health science and professional schools, and seven. There are currently 300 Regents Scholars enrolled at UCLA.
Why at the University of California?
With more than 110 academic faculties, UCLA has one of the top educational and student-services programs in diverse disciplines. At UCLA, students can select an exciting study among over the 125 specializations.
APPLY: Sprak Design program for Medical Excellence 2022
UCLA gives the Regents up to a $75 scholarship every year. This UCLA Regents prize is exclusive only to the UCLA campus. It ranges from $2000 to $9000.
- First-year students entering the first year are given an award of four years (12 consecutive academic quarters, but that does not include summer).
- Transfer students who are entering the program receive the opportunity to receive a grant for two years (6 academic quarters, not including summer).
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Application Deadline: 15 February 2020
- University or Organization: Regents of the University of California, Los Angeles
- Department: NA
- Award: $2000 to $9000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: US Citizen
- The prize is available the prize in the USA
UCLA Freshman Regents Scholarship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: the United States
- Acceptable Courses and Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any field that is offered at the University
- Proper Criteria For HTML0 to be acceptable, the applicants must satisfy all of the criteria listed below:
- The freshman who is the first time must remain in high school or have completed high school but not been enrolled in a regular course at any university or college.
- Regents Scholars are required by law to submit additional financial aid from outside sources and awards from outside for the Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Scholars must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA during all quarters of attendance. They must also enroll in at least 12 units each quarter.
- Students must inform the coordinator of scholarships of any changes in their academic status, like having less than twelve units in a quarter or falling below the threshold of a 3.0 GPA, or if they are planning for permission to take a leave.
- How to apply for UCLA freshman Regents Scholarship: To receive the UCLA Regents Scholarship, applicants must take the admission exam or transfer to UCLA by filling out an application form. The University of California Application for Admission. Then, they are eligible to apply for the award.
- Additional Documents The applicants must submit a high school transcript essay, essay, and ACT/SAT score to submit
- Admission Requirements A minimum grade point average earned by a California applicant is 3.0. It’s 3.4 for non-residents. Most Regents Scholars can participate in the Regents Scholar Society and are strongly advised to consider whether they are eligible to join this official campus student group.
- Language Requirements Must possess a thorough understanding of the English language to attend UCLA.