Vanier Scholarship for International students is funded by the Canadian federal government with its objective to establish Canada as a hub for education and also research. The Vanier scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship suggested to draw in the very best doctoral students to Canada; the scholarship supplies pupils with economic support in their pursuit of a Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. in Canada.
This program is backed by the Canadian federal government as its drive to make Canada a center for research and higher learning to boost its competitiveness.
The Canadian federal government has partner organizations where the Vanier Canada graduate college scholarship is done. And the particular organization that nominated a candidate is where the candidate’s scholarship is tenable.
The PhD program can be taken in the following :
- Health Science
- Engineering research
- Social Science
All eligible programs need excellent research components that may lead to the completion of a thesis, a significant research study project, dissertation, scholarly publications, performance, or recital.
Joint research study programs. For those with specialist degrees and medically oriented programs like psychology. They are all eligible if they have an appropriate research component.
The number of Vanier Scholarships.
There are up to 166 placements available.
Individuals who are qualified are Canadian citizens, irreversible citizens of Canada, and also foreign residents.
Value of the Scholarship
The Vanier scholarship is $50,000 for the 3 years it is to last.
APPLY NOW: Jesus College International Graduate Scholarship 2022
Eligibility for Vanier Scholarships
The prominent awards are designed to offer Canada a lead and be the best location for the best study minds. To pick the most effective from a colossal swimming pool, the scholarship has some requirements that should be satisfied before one is taken into consideration. To stand a possibility, you must;
- Be nominated by a Canadian institution of higher learning which must have received a Vanier quota.
- The prospect has to seek their first doctorate, including a joint program such as MD/Ph.D. in a location with a considerable research study component. The program will just money the Ph.D. part of a cooperative program.
- The students plan to examine for a full-time doctorate in the summer term or the next university year following the news of the outcomes at the nominating institution.
- Applicants need not have completed more than 20 MONTHS OF doctoral research studies since May 2021.
- They Must not have finished more than 32 months of full-time research studies in their doctoral program; by May 2021, they were increased from a bachelor’s program into a Ph.D. program.
- Should have obtained an first class average in the last two years of full-time studies of its matching.
- Candidates have not to hold or have held a doctoral degree scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or finish a doctoral level.
How to apply for Vanier Scholarships
The initial to keep in mind is that a Canadian institution should nominate each candidate with a veneer allocation as no candidate is free to apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications can be carried out in a couple of means. The student can inform the faculty of graduate studies at the institute they intend to take on the program concerning their purpose to apply to Lanier CGS, or the institution can start the procedure by getting in touch with the candidate.
The application is prepared by the students and submitted to the institution for nomination using the ResesearchgateNet application system. The suggesting establishments forward the application to the Vanier-Banting secretariat by 3 November 2020.
Please visit the official Vanier scholarship website for more information.
The Vanier scholarship helps successful prospects finish their Postgraduate programs and add to their knowledge.