Financial assistance is available to start your educational journey within Belgium through the VLIR UOS International Scholarships for Belgium 2020, offered through the VLIR UOS.
There are 12 awards to be won to international students seeking the master’s program during the academic year 2020-21.
VLIR-UOS supports the development of partnerships between universities and colleges in Flanders and the South, seeking solutions to local and global issues.
We are committed to developing partnerships between universities and colleges, both in Flanders and the South, seeking out innovative solutions to local and global issues.
We encourage collaborative projects between lecturers, professors, and researchers and grant grants to professionals and students from Flanders and the South.
We also help increase the quality of further education and higher learning in the South and the internationalization relevant to the development of higher education within Flanders.
Bureau UOS Bureau UOS is responsible for the overall higher education and science policy and sustainable growth within the Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR).
The Bureau UOS consists of a male and female representative from the respective Flemish university and two female and male representatives for all the universities of applied sciences and arts.
Its members include :
For Vrije Universiteit Brussel
– Prof. Stefaan Smis, chairman
– Prof. Ann Peeters
For University of Antwerp
– Prof. Peter Bols, vice-chairman
– Prof. Sarah Van de Velde
For KU Leuven
– Prof. Johan De Tavernier
-Prof. Nadine Buys
For Ghent University
– Prof. Guido Van Huylenbroeck
– Prof. Mieke Van Herreweghe
For Hasselt University
-Prof. Ken Haenen
– Prof. Ann Cuypers
To those who attend the Flemish Universities of applied Sciences and arts
– Mr. Kurt Debaere
– Mrs. Nele Vermeulen
Why should you be part of this program?
VLIR-UOS helps to strengthen high-quality education across the South and facilitate the internationalization of development-related aspects such as higher education within Flanders. They promote cooperative projects between researchers, professors, and lecturers.
The VLIR UOS will pay an amount for a monthly allowance of 1150 euros and one-time payments to students.
- Course Level: Masters
- Deadline for Applications: Open for 2020
- University or the Organization VLIR-UOS
- Department NA
- Award Amount per month of 1150 euros, plus a one-time payment
- Award Number: 12
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality International
- The award is used in Belgium
VLIR-UOS International Scholars in Belgium and 2020.
- Countries that are eligible The applications are accepted by: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Cambodia, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Vietnam, Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru, Suriname.
- Eligible Courses or subjects: Master’s degree in the field of development.
- Conditions for Eligibility To be considered suitable, applicants must satisfy all of the requirements listed:
- A candidate must be a resident of a nation in one of 31 countries that are eligible when they submit an application
- The maximum age of an applicant for a master’s program will be 35 for the initial master’s degree and 40 for an advanced master’s.
- The priority is given to applicants employed by research institutes, academic institutions, government institutions, social economy, or non-profit organizations or looking for a job in one or more of these fields.
Procedural for APPLICATION
- How to Apply for the VLIR UOS International scholarships in Belgium 2020:For empowering this award for education, students need to apply for admission to the postgraduate degree course at the university partner. Once you have been accepted, then you can apply for the award.
- Additional Documentation: Candidates must submit an application, a passport copy, and bachelor’s degree proof.
- Admission requirements: Candidates must possess a degree with outstanding outcomes for admittance.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside their home country will typically need to meet particular English requirements to study at the university.