The Vice-Chancellor’s Social Champion Scholarships are available to international students planning to begin their studies at UC in semester 1 of 2023. The applicants must exhibit the University’s fundamental values and demonstrate a dedication to sustainability, engagement with society and reducing inequality.
About the University of Canberra
University of Canberra (UC) is a part of the very soul of Canberra, The Australian capital city. Canberra is where ideas take root, creative ideas are explored, and the possibility of opportunity is developed. The University of Canberra ranking is 548th among the Best Global Universities.
UC is a school geared towards the professions and committed to providing engaging student experiences that focus on outcomes for employability. The University has been ranked as the top-performing institution in Australia and among the most efficient worldwide.
They rank 17 the 17th on the Times Higher Education Young University World Rankings (2022) and placed first on the ACT for full-time employment as well as the beginning salary for undergraduate and postgraduate students for four consecutive years as part of the Good Universities Guide (2022).
In addition, UC has been placed at the top of the list for reducing inequality for two consecutive years in The Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings. These are impressive achievements for a school that is only celebrating the 30th anniversary of its establishment this year.
The University is also committed to bringing forward innovative research and innovation with a practical application. It also houses top research institutes, such as The Institute for Applied Ecology (IAE) and the Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis (IGPA).
The annual limit is $50,000. This includes:
- the tuition charges for the duration of your course
- On-campus housing
- Amount of $10,000 per year in the form of AUD
- Other miscellaneous expenses during the first year
They encourage submission of applications by students.:
- Reside living in Latin America, Southeast Asia, Africa and South Asia.
- They aren’t otherwise able to access the funds to fund research abroad.
- They aren’t eligible for other significant cholarships for graduate students (for example, Australia Awards).
Must Read: Top 10 scholarships for undergraduate students In 2022
You are eligible to apply if:
- They are offshore at the moment of the application.
- They have submitted their applications but haven’t yet started either an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification from The Canberra university.
- Have met the academic requirement by achieving an 80% minimum score (or an equivalent).
- Have any offer letter (including conditional or provisional offers) issued by the University of Canberra. The University of Canberra.
- Are applying to study, you can apply for an Australian Student visa (subclass 500).).
- You are a fresh-starting student.
- The visa applicant is the primary. Dependents will not be eligible for the scholarship or be able to accompany the visa applicant who is the primary.
Criteria For Selection
The applicants will be required to provide a written declaration that includes the following information:
- Financial need
- Experiential and demonstrable values within the areas of:
- The potential to develop as a leader who promotes and supports the ideals of economic and social equity and fairness and their implementation.
- Making a difference in the community by being different and innovating inspires others.
- A desire for curiosity and the desire to understand collaboration and be open to views from various cultures.
How to apply
You could submit an application for the VC’s Social Championship Scholarship at UC in two simple procedures:
- First Step: You must have an invitation letter from your University of Canberra for Semester 1, 2023. If you don’t have an offer letter, apply now to be admitted.
- Second step: If you’ve received your offer letter from the University of Canberra, complete the supplementary form. It includes a personal declaration. The scholarship applications without offer letters from the University of Canberra will not be considered.
Please be aware that the UC Admissions Office may contact you if they need additional information to assess your eligibility to receive an offer letter. Additionally, you will need to fill out the application form for the VC’s Social Champion Scholarship online application form.
Dates for the Vice-Chancellor’s Social Champion Scholarship at the University of Canberra
- 1 April-2022 Application open
- 9 October 2022 – Applications close
- November 2022 – Applicants who have been shortlisted will be contacted to arrange an interview
- December 2022 – Final Scholarship results will be released
For more information about the VC’s Social Championship Scholarship, please get in touch with [email protected]