Leverhulme trust study abroad studentship support a period of advanced study or research anywhere in the world, except for the UK and USA. Leverhulme Trust International Fellowships 2023 for International Researchers.
The Trust offers approximately 25 Study Abroad Studentships each year. The awards are tenable at a center of learning anywhere in the world except the UK and USA.
We offer maintenance and research expenses to allow applicants to spend 12 to 24 months on advanced study or research at a center of learning in any overseas country (excluding the USA). In this article, we will be discussing how to apply for Leverhulme trust study abroad studentship 2023.
About Leverhulme Trust
The Leverhulme Trust was established by the Will of William Hesketh Lever, the founder of Lever Brothers. Since 1925 we have provided grants and scholarships for research and education; today, we are one of the largest all-subject providers of research funding in the UK, distributing approximately £80m a year.
We award funding across academic disciplines, supporting talented individuals in the arts, humanities, sciences and social sciences to realize their vision in research and professional training. As well as substantial grants for research, we offer fellowships for researchers at every stage of their career, international collaboration and travel grants, and support for the fine and performing arts.
A distinctive feature of our approach is that most of the awards we make are in the responsive mode – with the choice of topic and the research design left to applicants. Our primary aim is to fund original research that advances knowledge of our world and ourselves. We do not set strategic priorities for our grant-making; in making funding decisions, our sole concern is the proposed research’s quality, significance, and originality. As far as possible, we take a non-utilitarian and academy-focused approach to funding.
Apply Now: Top 10 Scholarships in Georgia 2022/2023
- Duration: between 12 and 24 months
- Financial terms: £21,000 annually
- Grant funded by: Leverhulme Trust
About the Leverhulme Trust Study Abroad Studentship
Study Abroad Studentships support a period of advanced study or research anywhere in the world, except for the UK and USA. £21,000 a year is available for maintenance and travel; additional help with fees, research costs and maintenance for dependents may also be provided. Studentships are offered for 12 to 24 months and must begin between 1 June 2023 and 1 May 2024.
Eligibility for Leverhulme Trust Study Abroad Studentship
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have been resident in the UK for at least five years at the time of application;
- Hold an undergraduate degree (undergraduates are not eligible);
- Hold a degree from a UK institution. This may be either the undergraduate degree or a further degree held by the applicant;
- Either be a student at the time of application or have been registered as a student within the last eight years; and
- Be able to demonstrate how their work would benefit from being conducted overseas rather than in the UK.
Those wishing only to improve their foreign language skills are not eligible for this scheme.
Applications will be considered in all subject areas except for research directly relevant to clinicians, medical professionals and the pharmaceutical industry.
Application Process for Leverhulme Trust Study Abroad Studentship
- To make an application, please access the Leverhulme Trust Grants Management System.
- When completing the application form, please refer to the Application Help Notes.
- Candidates will be invited for an interview in London during April/May. Traveling expenses within the UK only will be refunded.
- Applicants will be informed of the result of their application in May following their application.
For more information, please call 020 7042 9861/9862 or email [email protected]