The University of Leicester is helping outstanding students with the three-year CLAHRC East Midland studentship in the UK 2020. The scholarship is available by the university to UK students and EU students in the academic period 2020-2021.
The Studentship can be used to complete a Ph.D. project that furthers the goals that are the focus of the National Institute of Health Research Leicester Biomedical Research Centre (BRU) and East Midlands Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (EM-CLAHRC).
The university was established in 1957. The University of Leicester is a world-class university dedicated to excellence in international research, world-changing research, and top-quality and inspiring teaching. It provides instruction and supports the education that is of the highest standard.
Why choose to attend the University of Leicester? The university helps students create a positive impact and provides an education that inspires and inspires them to pursue rewarding careers and the ability to make a significant contribution to the world.
About The University Of Leicester
The University of Leicester is a research-based university that is a part of the public sector in Leicester, England. The main campus lies south of the city’s center, close to Victoria Park. The university’s predecessor, University College, Leicester, was granted the status of a university in 1957.
The university earned a total revenue of PS323.1 million in 2019/20. Of this, PS57 million came in research grant funds. The university is renowned for its invention of genetic fingerprinting and the identification and discovery of the remains of King Richard III.
On January 20, 2021, about 200 UCU students at the school voted the motion of no-confidence in Vice-Chancellor Nishan Canagarajah due to proposed cuts, which put 145 faculty employees at risk of losing their jobs. There was a lot of anger over his assertion that redundancies were necessary to “continue to provide excellence.” In April, the UCU advised academics to leave the school due to planned redundancies. They also urged individuals not to apply for Leicester positions or collaborate on developing new research.
APPLY NOW: Creative Industries International Scholarship, 2022
The Studentship includes UK/EU fees for tuition exemption, an Annual Stipend at the UKRI rate (PS15,285 to 2020/21), and the Research Training Support Grant (including travel allowance) at PS2,500 for the year.
- Course Level: PhD
- Deadline for Applications May 1, 2020
- University or Organisation: University of Leicester
- Department: Health Sciences
- Award Amount: An annual stipend of PS15,285 plus Research Training Support Per annum, a grant of PS2,500
- Access Mode Access Mode: Online
- The number of awards Unknown
- Nationality Student from the UK and EU
- The prize may be awarded within the UK.
CLAHRC East Midland Studentship in the UK 2020 Eligibility
- The countries that are eligible The application process is open to applicants by UK and EU students.
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects The Studentship is awarded within the area of study offered by the Department of Health Sciences.
- Acceptable Criteria To be considered eligible, applicants must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least a 2:1 grade in a relevant subject or equivalent from an overseas country.
- How to apply for the CLAHRC East Midland Studentship UK 2020.
To be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be admitted to the Ph.D. program at the University of Leicester. Then, applicants can complete their online applications.
- Supporting Documents: Within the application, candidates must submit relevant certificates/diplomas and transcripts and specify that they wish to be considered for the CLAHRC East Midlands Studentship. Please include the full name and address of the supervisor of the project and the project’s title.
- Admission requirements for applicants to be admitted must satisfy the academic entry conditions of this program.
- Language Requirements: If your education does not use English, you must show evidence of an acceptable degree in English proficiency. For more details, check out this English Language requirements page.