Take advantage of the Free-Basic-Mess scholarship offered through the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur to acquire the knowledge and abilities you require to take the next step toward your future career.
Indian students are eligible to apply to qualify for Free-Basic-Mess scholarship by enrolling in postgraduate or undergraduate degrees from the Institute.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur was established in the year 1959. It is a research institute that is a public and technical institution. It is among the first Indian Institutes of Technology.
About Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
An Act of Parliament established IIT Kanpur in 1960 by the Government of India. The Institute was established in December in a canteen at Harcourt Butler Technological Institute. Harcourt Butler Technological Institute at Agricultural Gardens in Kanpur. It was in the year 1963 that the institution relocated to its current location on Grand Trunk Road near the Kalyanpur neighborhood in the Kanpur district. Achyut Kavinde, a modernist style, created the campus.
In the first 10 years of its existence, the Institute was a conglomerate comprised of 9 US university institutions (namely MIT, UCB, California Institute of Technology, Princeton University, Carnegie Institute of Technology, University of Michigan, Ohio State University, Case Institute of Technology and Purdue University) helped set IIT Kanpur’s research labs and academic programs under the Kanpur Indo-American Programme (KIAP). The initial director at the Institute was P. K. Kelkar (after whom the Central Library was renamed in 2002).
Under the direction of the economist John Kenneth Galbraith, IIT Kanpur was the first institution in India to provide Computer science-related education. The first computer-based course was initiated within the Institute in August 1963 using the IBM 1620 system. The concept of computer education was a result of the Electrical Engineering department, at the time under the leadership of Professor. H.K. Kesavan was the chair of Electrical Engineering and head of the Computer Centre.
The Professor. Harry Huskey of the University of California, Berkeley, the predecessor of Kesavan, assisted with the computer activities at IIT Kanpur. The Institute was established in 1971. started an academic program of its own with a focus on Computer Science and Engineering, which led to MTech and doctoral degrees.
In 1972, the KIAP program was ended partly due to tensions in the political scene between India and Pakistan (as was the case when the USA had strong support for Pakistan). Also, the government cut its funding in response to the belief that IITs contributed to brain exodus. Techkriti, the Institute’s annual tech festival, Techkriti, was established in 1995.
What is the reason for IIT Kanpur?
It is also famous for the exceptional work done by the students who study the field of research and development. The college’s campus is lush with greenery and has the finest amenities for its students.
Benefits Of Free-Basic-Mess Scholarship at Indian Institute:
Indian Institute of Technology will help students who need it.
- Course Level: BachelorsMasters
- Deadline for Applications: April 15, 2020
- Organization: IIT Kanpur
- Department NA
- Award Fund
- Awards: NA
- Access Mode Online
- Nationality Domestic
- You can get your prize from India
Scholarships to Indian Institute Students with Basic-Mess Eligibility
- Affordable Countries The applications of India will be considered.
- Acceptable Subjects: Bachelors in any field.
- The Eligibility Criteria, The applicants, must meet the following criteria to be eligible
- The only students who are from SC/ST are qualified for the FBM award.
- The total family year-round income (Gross Income) must not be more than 4.5.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION TO THE FREE-BASIC-MESS SCHOLARSHIP AT INDIAN INSTITUTE
- How to Apply for the Basic-Mess Scholarship for Free at Indian Institute To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must take the college’s master’s and undergraduate degree programs.
- Documents supporting your application: Attach your prior qualifications, ID proof, and other documents requested by the institution during the admission process.
- Application Conditions: Candidates require valid proof of their last degrees and outstanding academic results.
- Language Requirements: Students must be proficient with Hindi in addition to English.